West Heath is open for limited play
Easing of restrictions from Monday, 1 June
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) has advised that doubles for players from different households is now possible.
Please remember that play, whether singles or doubles, should, at all times, be consistent with the government guidelines on travel, social distancing and hygiene.
There is detailed, updated information for tennis players on the LTA website at www.lta.org.uk and all members are asked to read this.
The importance of hand hygiene and of not touching your face is stressed so please follow the guidelines carefully and play responsibly.
The clubhouse remains closed but, as before, may be accessed if necessary for the first aid kit, defibrillator or to use the toilets.
All games should continue to start on the hour for 55 minutes.
Court booking – temporary arrangements
A court booking system is implemented at certain times to prevent overcrowding at peak times. For further details, check your inbox for emails from Moira.
If there are any queries or issues please let us know.
Please also note the following points
– if you contract symptoms of COVID-19, we encourage you to read the guidelines regarding contact tracing on the gov.uk website. Additionally, please get in contact with the club and your opponents/partner
– observe social distancing rules and maintain strong hygienic practices
– play should start on the hour, each hour
– you should vacate the court after 55 minutes to allow other players on court
– if you are waiting, please wait at the clubhouse and not on the courts
– the clubhouse remains closed unless absolutely necessary (e.g. for access to the first aid kit/defibrilator/toilets)
– no visitors are currently allowed
– please close the gate behind you as you leave
For more comprehensive guidance, please see the LTA website: www.lta.org.uk